Sunday 29 May 2011

"Lost time is never found again" Benjamin Franklin

The quote title 'thing' (all my posts have had a quote, either interesting or motivating etc) today is related to me noticing my day-dreaming ability. It's come to my attention that my day-dreaming ability is awesome beyond measure, and that I probably should work on spending my time more efficiently, or at least day-dreaming for fun when I have the time to day-dream (day-dreaming on the train always seems like time well spent), and not just because I'm bored or I'm procrastinating.

Anyway end of exam number one and onto number two, hopefully the more successful of the two because this one is all about the biology, which I love (I'm a maths and biology person). The sociology half of my course although has many interesting points and is VERY educational particularly about the criminal justice system, police powers and lacking victim rights and support. However I suck at writing my criminology essay, and it only just clicked near the end of my third year why...... the psychology format of writing essays is rammed into you straight away. This being that every sentence should be straight to the point and easy to understand, which on the other hand is the same as other subjects, however I think subjects like criminology and English, and probably many other..err 'non' scientific subjects use 'arty farty' language, which don't get me wrong are brilliant and I'd love to use more of it, when required to. So I lacked the 'arty farty' language with all those descriptive strengths that I'm sure my feminist lecturer would have loved when arguing against the actions of male criminals, and possibly brown nosing my lecturer in the process, but isn't that what loads of students do? On the other hand it's like back handing all your fellow bros if you second marker or external marker are guys... predicament?
I see that the paragraph just written is effectively a big typed day-dream.. brilliant.

Back to the revision. If you remember, about five posts ago I started revising psychopharmacology by giving a not so seemingly 'crash course' attempt of synaptic transmissions, buuuuut I'm sure you'll get the jist of it. If you don't quiz me, it'll help most importantly me, and you'll have learnt either something new or wasted your time. Fun. Anyway now we can continue onto the actual bits of psychopharmacology! Hurray!

I'm gonna split this into several post under 5 different heading.
  1. The transmitter system (How it all works [last bio post will help])
  2. Neurotransmitter pathways (NTs are projected across the brain through pathways)
  3. Drug use (Tolerance and withdrawal)
  4. How MDMA (Ecstasy) works
  5. Some researh
And here ends the first of my many short and hopfully less boring posts on psychology. This way if you don't like what i'm writing about... you can just skip to the bit you might find interesting. 
Next Post

Don't be a tard, read the numbers above

Something fun for your trouble

For some reason this fun is all about the beard!
Click here

Lol
 And for those who want a beard, but can't grow one....
Beard Beanie

No comments:

Post a Comment